EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Remote/Onsite Support * Project Management * Marketing Research
Relationship Management * Teamwork * Meeting Arrangements
Accomplished professional with extensive experience providing C-level support in high-volume, corporate settings. Core strengths include front desk operations, cross-functional collaboration, and delivering concurrent projects on strict deadline. Takes a holistic view of operations; identifies problems and offers practical solutions that promote teamwork while resolving tensions between front office and staff, clients, and on/offshore teams. Researches, drafts, and proofs written correspondence, newsletters, marketing material, and employee handbooks.
*Create, Proof & Edit Content
*Product Training/Staff Training
*Analytical Problem Solving
SimpleSolve Inc., Remotely from Brooklyn, NY 2009 to Present
Headquartered in Pennington NJ, SimpleSolve creates software solutions for clients in the insurance industry.
Partner with President and COO on concurrent projects; liaise with offshore teams and assist two business analysts and one senior engineer. Work directly with marketing, quality assurance, and development teams.
• Conduct market research, proof campaign materials, draft emails for marketing, special events, and holidays.
• Assist President and COO with market research while providing marketing materials and travel logistics for attendance at annual National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies Convention:
o Contact attendees by email, invite them to visit booth at conference, and send post-convention follow-ups to potential clients.
• Worked with developers to revise and create content for new company website:
o Proofread and suggested corrections for Help messages.
o Manage and update company website on ongoing basis.
• Conducted extensive research project on Perpetual Homeowners Insurance across 48 states:
o Gathered product information from each states’ Dept. of Insurance; drafted and delivered report.
o Report helped Marketing Director and COO draft successful bid on new system for insurer offering this product; efforts contributed to winning contract.
• Teamed with off-shore developers to create the monthly quality assurance (QA) report and metrics worksheet:
o Improved communication while providing each team with a holistic understanding of process.
• Interact with stateside and off-shore teams to resolve problems prior to release of software.
• Provide COO with end user documentation; update monthly status reports and databases, track defects, and execute QA test plans.
• Liaise with off-shore developers on all issue tracking and QA testing feedback reports.
• Support business analysts with QA testing, reporting issues, and provide follow-up on fixes; proof and compare QA plans with senior engineer.
• Assist with product demonstrations to prospective clients; train employees of existing clients, remotely.
Executive Receptionist – Contract Labor, NY, NY 2007 to 2009
Delivered long-term support to C-level executives of law and financial firms such as Taconic Investments, Shen, Milsom & Wilke, and Ford & Harrison. Staffing agencies: Forrest Staffing Solutions and Choice Temporaries.
• Managed expense reporting, maintained databases, and liaised between office and internal/external teams.
• Interfaced with purchasing department and building and office services.
Executive Receptionist – Office of the Superintendent of Banks
New York State Banking Department, NY, NY 2004 to 2007
The primary regulator for state-licensed and state-chartered financial entities.
Managed all front desk operations; maintained conference room schedule, coordinated meetings and catering arrangements, generated status reports, and screened/directed up to 60 calls on daily basis.
• Trained relief receptionists to cover the front office of the Superintendent:
o Flexible attitude improved relations between union members and Superintendent’s office staff.
• Created handbook for relief receptionists and temporary employees; detailed job functions and protocol used to handle correspondence with public.
Administrative Secretary – Contract Labor, NY, NY 2001 to 2004
Oversaw administrative, secretarial + front desk duties for Port Authority of NY & NJ, Turner Construction, Citigroup, and United Federation of Teachers. Staffing agencies: Adecco, A. T. Staffing, and Distinctive Temporary Services.
• As secretary and office assistant for The Port Authority’s Lease and Legal divisions, directly supported three attorneys and the Office of the General Counsel.
• Managed high-volume of backlogged files for Leases division; removed misfiled documents and conferred with attorneys on their proper placement. Implemented a tracking system for easy access to files.
• Created a “How-to” handbook for newly installed LawPack database for Leases division.
Bachelor of Arts in English Language Arts – magna cum laude – Hunter College, Brooklyn, NY
Certificate – Advanced Pattern Making, Garment Construction and Design – French Fashion Academy, NY, NY
Completed coursework in Microsoft Office and Outlook – The Career Center, NY, NY
Co-editor of the newsletter for Chapter 22 of the American Singer Canary Club.
Database Management – GoToMeeting – Mantis Bug Tracker – MS Office: Excel, Outlook, and Word